Kristy Acevedo is a young adult author, high school English teacher, and huge Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Harry Potter fan. When she was a child, her “big sister” from the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program fostered her love of books by bringing her to the public library every Wednesday for seven years.
A member of SCBWI, she has her M.A.T. in English from Bridgewater State University. Consider, her debut novel, won the 2015 PEN New England Susan P. Bloom Children’s Book Discovery Award, was a 2017 finalist for the Philip K. Dick award for distinguished science fiction, and was touted as one of Barnes & Noble Teen’s Top 13 Anticipated YA sci-fi books of 2016. She lives in Massachusetts with her husband, two daughters, and two cats.
She is represented by agent Ali Herring at Spencerhill Associates.
Interested in an author visit? Details here.
Now for 10 random facts about me:
1. I am a Harry Potter, Star Trek the Next Generation, Voyager, and Doctor Who freak. I am 98% Ravenclaw and 2% Hufflepuff.
2. Band-Aids are my pet peeve. Ick! Why put a sticker on a flesh wound?
3. I have two cats, Milo and Khaleesi.
4. When I’m really happy, I dance like Carlton. In the privacy of my own home, of course.
5. My favorite color is red. My next favorite color is blue. I’d wear them together every day if I could, but then I’d look like a patriotic superhero.
6. The Oxford comma needs to be saved. It is a friend, not an enemy. Don’t listen to the hype.
7. Gardening helps me relax. I love planting all the plants and talking to them in the mornings (this is not weird; it’s scientifically proven to help them grow!)
8. I can recite the opening to the "General Prologue" of The Canterbury Tales in Middle English. I often do it when I'm aggravated.
9. Coffee and dark chocolate were put on this planet for the good of humanity.
10. The bigger the earrings, the better.
Legal Disclaimer: Please note that material on this blog and other social media sites in connection with my name in no way represent the views of my employer. http://kristyacevedo.com/privacy-policy/